How to solve Outlook error 550
Among all SMTP reply messages, Outlook error 550 is surely the most common. It generally comes with a side-message like “550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable” or “550 5 2 1 mail from refused spam site”. The reason for this error is that your email server is configured to require SMTP authentication to send outgoing mail..
In order to resolve this issue you will need to configure your email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird, etc.) to send the appropriate credentials. Simply put, a 550 error code means that your SMTP server isn’t able to deliver the sent email to the user because his mailbox does not exist: either the customer has entered it wrong (a typical example is something like email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org), or the account has been deactivated and replaced with a new one (but you didn’t know it).Being a provoking email user, it becomes necessary to tackle root causes of harmful errors like Fix Send/Receive Error in MS Outlook, which can make trouble around your work. This error may appear like:
What does Outlook error 550 look like?
- Outgoing email error 550 – Relay not permitted
- 550 – Relay not permitted
When does Outlook error 550 appear?
When trying to send email.
Causes of Outlook error 550
When you try to send email through an email client and outgoing mail server authentication is not on by default.
Symptoms of Outlook error 550
When you’re away from home and send an email message using your home email account, your email message might be returned with a 550, 553, or relay-prohibited error message. The same situation could occur when you’re away from your office and try to send an email message using your work email account. There are various different ways that this error can be visible on your computer. Symptoms of this error are given below-
- “Error 550” appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 550 when running the same program.
- “Microsoft Outlook Error 550” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 550 error messages may appear during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-related software program is running, during Windows start or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 550 error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Outlook error 550
Not even Run-time Errors such as “Outlook error 550” but also other such as Outlook error 0x800ccc1a, Outlook error code 8 etc can be caused by a variety of factors, so it is important that you troubleshoot each of the possible causes to prevent it from recurring. Some reasons are mentioned below:
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Microsoft Outlook software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Microsoft Outlook-related software change.
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Microsoft Outlook-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Microsoft Outlook-related files.
Technology can be a thing of beauty when all systems are go with a flow and ease. But when hardware or software do not perform, delays are costly and circumvent. If you are facing such a problem you can try to resolve the problem or DIY method to fix such windows errors . If you are unable to fix this frequently occurred error on your own don’t you worry , the experts will help you resolve such issues. See more to know how to fix error code 0xc004f014