How to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc1a ?
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Although often used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing. It can be used as a stand-alone application, or can work with Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server for multiple users in an organization, however people do face general problems such as Outlook error 0x800ccc1a, . Such as shared mailboxes and calendars, Exchange public folders, SharePoint lists, and meeting schedules.
Outlook is commonly used now days for email exchange and also for web browsing, note taking, etc. It often happens that one fine day the system that was working all well, suddenly brings up an outlook error 0x800ccc1a. Such unexpected errors can be nightmares to the users. Especially when one doesn’t know the technical know-how of the error, the problem becomes even more nightmarish.
Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc1a occurs when a user attempts to receive or send an email message. Outlook uses two servers for both sending and receiving emails, so if the email client software is unable to contact one, due to incorrect settings, the user will receive an error.
Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc1a can occur in any of the following Operating Systems (OS):
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows ME
- Windows 2000
Symptoms of Outlook error 0x800ccc1a:
- Error 0x800ccc1a appears and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0x800ccc1a when running the same program.
- ‘Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a’ is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
These 0x800ccc1a error messages can appear during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Microsoft Outlook) is running, during Windows start-up or shutdown, or even during the installation of the Windows operating system. Keeping track of when and where your 0x800ccc1a error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem.
Causes of Outlook error 0x800ccc1a:
Outlook error 0x800ccc1a generally occurs when the Outlook mail server doesn’t support the connection encryption that you have specified, i.e. if wrong port number for the outgoing (SMTP) server or for the POP incoming server is specified, particularly, with SSL enabled on the wrong port number.
Solutions Outlook error 0x800ccc1a:
When it comes to fixing this error, there are several things that you can do, such as make the necessary alterations to your Outlook settings or attempt to repair the PST (database) file. The solution that you attempt will depend greatly on the severity of the problem.
- Repair Registry Entries Associated with Error 0x800ccc1a
- Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC
- Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
- Update Your PC Device Drivers
- Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Outlook Program Associated with Error 0x800ccc1a
- Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc / scannow”)
- Install All Available Windows Updates
- Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
The following methods are for Outlook errors only:
- Make sure that your email profile works correctly (Outlook only)
- Start Outlook in safe mode (Outlook only)
- Run the Inbox Repair Tool to repair your .pst file (Outlook only)
- Clean up email messages that are stuck in your Outbox (Outlook only)
Still facing problems due to Outlook error 0x800ccc1a?
Do not worry. Solving technical errors not even this but various other problems such as Outlook error code 8 can be tedious and frustrating especially if one does not have the technical know-how of the issue. At such times it is always advisable to consult, trained technical experts to solve such errors. Our team of professionals and technical experts is ever-ready to help you solve the outlook error 0x800ccc1a.
Feel free to contact us and we’ll be at your service.