Windows10 Error Code 0xc004f014 is faced when we upgrade windows. This error is associated with Windows 10 activation. Error Code 0xc004f014 occurs when you add a new license to upgrade windows and it’s not successful. In this post we will familiarize you with the problem from a lay man point of view and will also cover some of the basic steps to resolve this Error Code 0xc004f014 in the easiest manner possible.
Error Code 0xc004f014 Support Phone Number
|Error Code 0xc004f014Support Phone Number USA||800-986-6752|
|Error Code 0xc004f014 Support Phone Number UK||02 0786 26337|
|Error Code 0xc004f014 Support Phone Number Canada||800-986-6752|
|Error Code 0xc004f014 Support Phone Number New Zealand||800-449-076|
Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014 What is it??
Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014 occurs when you are trying to Upgrade Windows in Original Manufactured Systems. In these systems Windows 10 is pre-installed and activated. For security reasons, the license key is integrated in System’s BIOS. This mechanism adds the license automatically while upgrade operations are performed.
However this mechanism also causes the issue when you try to Upgrade your Windows 10, say from Home to Professional Edition. The image shown below is the familair sight for most users
Methods to Solve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014
First of all we need to get Windows 10 to properly add the new license for that reason we are going to bypass the usual activation method. Instead of using “Change Product Key” in Activation Tab, we will upgrade using external Setup with the license key already entered to the Setup file.
Before Starting the procedure make sure :
- You have a good Internet connection at hand.
- A USB Storage/Pen drive of capacity 4 GB or more , please make a backup of important files.
- Keeping License Key you have Purchased for Upgrade at hand.
- Make sure you are not having urgent work on your system for atleast an hour or two.
I) First Step is to get Windows 10 Installation Media Ready
For that first download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Execute Windows 10 Media Creation Tool as Administrator. This can be done by “right-clicking” on the .exe file and selecting “Run as Administrator”.
- Read and Accept the agreement and move ahead.
- Then Select option “Create installation media for another PC”.and click next.
- Manually Select the language, architecture and Edition. Just UNCHECK “Use recommended options for this PC”. Select Edition “Windows 10” and Architecture “64-bit / 32-bit” depending on your system configuration. Select language in which you are comfortable . Click Next.
- In Media Selection, pick USB flash drive. Click Next.
Next step will start downloading Windows 10 Files to the system and then write it to your USB drive. Now you have to wait for the process to complete. Image shown below clears the doubt if you are still confused.
II) Start Windows 10 Setup
Your USB is now ready with Windows 10 files. Add the new license key before starting the process.This process involves telling Windows 10 Setup to use the license we gave and not automatically read other embedded licenses.
Add Fixed License key to Windows 10 Setup:
- Open USB Drive , you will notice a folder named “Sources“.
- In “Sources” Folder. Create a New text file there.Repalce the text file to “PID“.
- After that open PID text file and enter values as shown below:
- [PID] Value=xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Here “xxxx-xxxx…” represents your license key. Just copy and paste it after “Value=“without any spaces. Save the file and close it.
III) Final Steps to follow
- Navigate to “Setup.exe” in USB drive Root folder. Execute it. Windows 10 Installer Starts.
- Follow onscreen instructions.
- Select to upgrade keeping your Personal files and Apps.
- Sit back and let Windows 10 upgrade. Windows 10 will be upgraded and activated as it reboots.
You can easily solve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014 after folllowing the above methods. So, if you are getting this error, do not try direct Upgrade. You can call us on our microsoft office support number. we will provide support to all the queries 800-986-6752. Even after following all the methods listed here you are unable to solve the error Error Code 0xc004f014 you should contact us immediately and get your Error Code 0xc004f014 problem resolved quickly.
Have other methods to solve Windows 10 Error Code 0xc004f014? Do share it with us in comments section.Also you can reach us through Microsoft Office Support page.